Wednesday, June 16, 2004

This week is just moving right along! (cue the music)

I had an awesome weekend split between here and Tokyo. On Saturday, Jaclyn, Angie and I went to see some of the area sports games- our schools were all playing each other to decide who goes to the Middle Nagano Championships. We watched boys and girls volleyball (the girls won their division) and kendo. It was very cool.

After doing some errands we headed to Tokyo for weekend Part II. We spent all of Sunday at Disneyland! I'm usually not such a big fan of Disney, but it was really a blast. Jaclyn and Wakaz (her Turkish boyfriend) and Tom and I hit all the major rides. Tom and I stayed until the park closed at 10pm. We got Space Mountain in three times- whopee!! Also checked out the new Buzz Lightyear and Winnie the Pooh rides. Very cute.

Monday morning everyone but me had to go work. I had the day off because of the sports meets on Saturday. Jaclyn went back to Misato Sunday night, but I got to sleep in in Tokyo while Tom got up and left for work. Actually, I got up and went shopping in Shibuya. It was absolutly fabulous weather-it cleared after the two day typhoon on Friday/Saturday. I didn't end up buying anything but just bummed around and enjoyed some Starbucks while watching the people.

After meeting up with Tom for some delicious hand-made Chinese noodles for lunch (hot stuff!) and more Starbucks ;), I finally headed back to Misato on the bus. There's not a lot going on here this week. I am trying to get back to running after a week of a cold, and that hasn't been easy. I've also been sending boxes of stuff to Tom's house as I try to move it all out of mine (so he can store it until I have a new place). My house here is begining to look a little sad and bare, especially since I took down all my posters last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home