Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I read Bill Brysons's "A Walk In The Woods" this weekend (well in less than 24 hours, acutally) and now I am desperate to go hiking! Tom's next trip was delayed a few days so we're hoping to get in an overnight hike this weekend. If the weather holds and I don't get called to interview on Monday then we'll go... I've never been so torn: interview or hiking??? Obviously the interview, but I would hands down rather go hiking. :D

So yes, I've got another interview, thankfully. The wine office job is on a temporary (and probably infinite) hold... apparently the position isn't as open as I'd thought. Bummer, but perhaps for the best. The job I could be interviewing for next week is for a position called "Business Travel Manager". More details if I get it, ok? This would technically be my first interview with them, but second for the job since I went through a screening interview with the recruiting company this past weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I'm also starting to get cracking on finding a place to live. Several of my friends live on the east side of Tokyo and have reasonably priced (though tiny) places. I'd like to go check the area out the next time in town. I'm also starting to research sharing a house or an apartment-- usually furnished and utilities are shared by several residents. It would be a break not to have to furnish another apartment.

Otherwise this week has been seriously boring. The second grade left for Hida Takayama on an overnight field trip this morning- which means we have no regular classes (since a 3rd of the teachers are gone)- and I have NOTHING to do. I'm catching up on e-mail, news, and generally bored out of my mind. It stinks because I'd like to do just about anything... I'd rather not end my tenure here cranky bored, but heck if I can find anyone who needs help or is doing something at all interesting. I'm seriously tempted to sneak out the back door and go rollerlbading.

More later, I'm sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home