Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I'm kind of bummed because I can't get my camera software to work so I haven't been able to post pictures in awhile. I have a pile of them from skiing and our trek to Hakone, etc... so as soon as I work out the tech. glitches I promise to share. I also changed my "comment" button on this page to Blogger instead of the outside company I was using... but got my coding a bit screwed up in the process, so bear with me. I know it is a bit quirky at the moment. Feel free to try it out though!

In lieu of posting pictures, let me share with you my new favorite recipe. Since I take my lunch to work every day, am trying to eat healthy, and also save money- I try to cook most my meals (I give myself a break on the weekends). This recipe for chocolate pudding will make the real cooks out there laugh, I expect, as its pretty silli-ly easy. BUT- it was really quick and DE-licious. That's all it takes to get a gold star from me. (recipe courtesy of the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook, by Carole Raymond, which also gets a gold star by the way).

Dark Chocolate Pudding

prep time: 5 min
cooking time: 5 min
yield: one serving
caution: microwaves may vary!

2 tbs sugar
2 tbs unsweetened baking cocoa powder
2 tsp firmly packed cornstarch
3/4 cup soy milk or dairy milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

1. In a 1-quart glass microwavable bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup of the milk and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and stir.

2. Stir once just before you close the microwave door because cornstarch quickly settles to the bottom of the bowl. Microwave the milk mixture for 1.5 min. on High. Stir carefully (its hot!)and return to microwave. Cook for another 1.5 min. on High. The pudding will begin to thicken.

3. Remove the bowl from the microwave, and add the vanilla. Stir once. Let the pudding rest for 1 to 2 minutes. It will continue to thicken as it cools.

Bon Appetite! Now accepting any and all recipes for trial in my very own Tokyo kitchen ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the pudding sounds yummy and I will have to try it on the weekend. I am not having any desserts during the week in a sincere effort to lose weight. I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. This is on a very tight leash. I guess I should be happy that it is actually working! love Mom

2/23/2005 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home