Monday, February 21, 2005

I had a lazy weekend. In fact, I swear I can't really remember what I Did. I tried to tell my parents on the phone last night, but I only came up with a handful of "um..."s and some TV watching. I know I made it to church at one point and I also got my new DVD player (its region free so I can play DVDs from home and Japan!).... and I know I have to have done SOMEthing else...

...well it was a rainy two days.

Today made up for it. My boss called last night around 9:30pm to ask if I could please go to the other school tomorrow. There are two English Now pre-schools; I work at the one near my house (surprise!), but there's another across town. The other is actually the original location and has been open for over 3 years. My school only opened last October. I had never been to the Mother School.. hehe... so I was as excited to see it as I was nervous to have to play my game on a new court. (did you catch that analogy?).

As one would expect, there are different teachers, different toys, different potties, and different kids across town. It was very similar, but different enough to be slightly disorientating. I led the songs/games that we've been doing back at "our" school, but Dave (the other foreign teacher there), had to lead more than his fair share since many were new to me. Poor guy is even more tired than I am, I'm sure. The kids warmed me up quickly though- so I had a great time. Since they have been open much longer, they have many more kids. It was too bad I couldn't get to meet all of them, but I did my best to learn most of the names.

So- it was a big, fast blur of an exciting Monday. I can't fathom running tonight after all the jumping/singing/hand-raising/puzzle-finishing/and tea pouring that I did today... maybe I'll just go for a slow walk. wooosh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home