Thursday, March 11, 2004

Exciting thing today: I am covered head to toes in tiny, red, itchy dots. Sunday morning I woke up with this mysterious rash and spent hours scratching myself silly before heading to a pharmacy to grab some spray. It only helped a bit... and five or so days later I've got even more of the dots. We've got a sneaking suspiscion I might have a gin allergy since I drank it for the first time this month (the second time on Saturday night). Or perhaps I've finally developed a reaction to the amount of kerosene I breathe every day from all our horrible heaters, or maybe my house is finally just toooooo dusty, or.... I'm heading to the doc. after school because even an over the counter anti-histamine hasn't taken me back to normal. Weird.

I spent most of this week in Tokyo, commuting from Tom's place to a conference for returning JETs (i.e. quitting) in Yokohama. It was a fairly productive conference; even when the presenters weren't all that informative, they triggered things in my brain that got me thinking up new ways to be employed next year. It was good to hear how other JETs have found their way through the post-JET transition and that (as my parents would say) it isn't "supposed" to be easy!

We're going to attempt to ski this weekend, but the weather has turned very spring-y, so who knows what the snow will be like. I can see the tops of my tulips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home