Wednesday, February 04, 2004

It has been a very busy week. Fortunately I've gotten over my cold because I've had four classes every single day this week. On top of that, I managed to write a CV (different from a resume in that it is longe) and a cover letter, then mailed them off in response to a job posting yesterday! So, I've officially begun my job search. It feels good to have the ball rolling this early... very unlike me. Must have learned something about the stress of unemployment (and being uninsured) from the last time around. ;)

I refuse to get excited about the job I applied to... it could have potential since its for a collaboration between the Government of Japan and the World Bank... but it sounds like it will be another position very limited to administrative assistant-esque stuff. The other two cons are that a) its a newspaper add so I'm not too likely to ever hear back and b) I'm not available to work until August so and they're probably looking for someone to start earlier than that. BUT... like I said, it was great to get a start on the process and now I have all my materials put together so I'm ready to start sending things out regularly. Big pat on the back for me.

I'm sitting in the office watching snow flurries and dreaming of skiing.. but I'm heading to Tokyo to take another Japanese test this weekend instead. Why do I do this to myself?? Not only have I not gotten my results back from the last test... I haven't even been studying! Tom's promised to take Jaclyn and I to our favorite sushi place on Saturday night, so that will help, but I really would rather be skiing.

Jaclyn and I are also counting down the days to Hong Kong- we leave next Wednesday for a long weekend of Chinese food and shopping. We're both quite psyched even though it means another weekend will pass with no ski time. As I look at my calendar and the dwindling time to Spring Break I'm feeling pressure to plan an exciting trip... but the more I think about it:
a) I'm feeling kind of broke
b) I'm tired of planning
c) I want to ski and I'm running out of time.

so.... I may just stick around and ski and study and read books. Actually... now that I've gotten it all laid out like that... it sounds pretty good! I know there are several days I'll be required to be in school, so this way I won't burn through vacation time by being out of the country. I guess its kind of a waste not to go somewhere with more than a week off... but I'm just not feeling motivated to do anything huge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home