Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Whew- I finally made it. My connection from Dulles to JFK was WAY too close for comfort, but somehow (through the grace of God) I made it just fine. Actually, once we got in the air to Narita, it was a pretty decent flight (as 13 hour flights go). We had individual video screens in the back of the seats so there was a fair selection of movies (I enjoyed Matchstick Man with Nick Nolte and was only mildly amused by Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis). I also managed to beg for vegetarian food- (my reservation was marked veggie but when I had to switch flights they couldn't transfer it) and I think they ended up giving me leftovers from business class- it was delicious and even in a glass bowl!

The best part was getting my luggage back. I only had to wait an extra hour because at JFK I'd asked the desk folks to see if they could be sent on the Chicago flight- which they were.

Spent the night with Tom last night and then a simple train ride this morning and I'm home in Misato with all my stuff. I had such a relaxing vacation, it feels pretty anticlimatic to be going to school again tomorrow. But- I have loads of new goals (my IU correspondence course, studying for the GRE) and things to work on (getting a job!). I know my last 7 months here are going to fly.

Not before I get some skiing in though... we're headed for the snow this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home