Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I have had the most boring week ever. Instead of regular classes, I'm doing individual interviews with every single student. So, I have no lessons to plan. All my lessons are taken up with interviews and I ask the same questions to every kid within a certain grade. When I'm not in class... snore! I've changed my English bulletin board from Thanksgiving to Christmas, finished writing my Thailand journal, finished all the links to Thai pictures, read all the descriptions for class options for a correspondence course I would like to start in January, heck- I was so bored I even re-started studying Japanese even though I had given myself the week off (due to just finishing the test on Sunday). I am very bored. The sad thing is, I don't even have a lot to do when I get home. Jaclyn and I have been catching up on American TV (via videotape) and I've been making Christmas/New Year's cards... but there's just not a lot else going on.

I guess things will pick up next week- with packing and cleaning and wrapping things up. I've decided not to renew as a JET AET next year. I'm sitting on my form for the right moment to turn it in, but I promised my supervisor I would let the school know by the time I leave. I have until February 6th... but since I know already that I'm not going to stay, there's really no reason to keep teasing them. I'm still not sure what I will do instead of teaching next year, but at the moment I'm committed to looking for a job in Tokyo. That (and the correspondence course, American Politics I think) will be my two major projects starting when I come back.

Lots of stuff to look forward to.... and hopefully when I get back we'll have enough snow to go skiing!! I can't wait. Of course, I also can't wait to get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home