Tuesday, October 14, 2003

you know, as much as I try to "not sweat the small stuff"... sometimes I swear the world is against me!!! I am so peeved right now I have been screaming and stomping around my house for 15 minutes!!!

Ok, I live in Japan and came here with what I thought I would need in a suitcase and a rather large camping backpack. I don't have a lot of clothing in the states, and much, much, much less here. I wear casual clothes to work which means I live in khakis. Since I'd really worn through my original work clothes I brought back 2 new pairs of pants when I went home this spring. One pair... since I am a short, average sized person instead of super-model perfect... had to be hemmed since they were about 6 inches too long. However, since I can't get anywhere near being able to wear Japanese clothing... they were my new treasure. In fact, the ones that required hemming weren't finished until just recently so they really are still brand spankin' new.

That leads me to my nightmare of the moment. I also just recently purchased a maroon Indian scarf. I should have known better, but after coming home after midnight last night I'm a bit drowsy and I tossed all my laundry in together (stop cringing!!). Yes, now not only are BOTH pairs of my brand new khakis splotched pink, but also a pair of jeans (which I tried but couldn't replace when I was home... to give you an idea of how important they are) and a brand new shirt (which is replacable and I bought it here, but stilll)!!! Gah. I won't mention the pink socks (oops.). Let me repeat: I am SO peeved!!!

So if my Japanese Stain-stick doesn't save my life, I guess I'll be hitting Gap.com tonight. And yes, before I get lectures, I DO realize that a)I should be separating my laundry (but if you didn't have a dryer you wouldn't wait that long for two full loads either) and b) that there are more important things to be peeved about.

but still!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home