Thursday, September 11, 2003

Yesterday, I promised Chie, one of the girls participating in the Speech Contest this year, that I would meet her at school at 7:15 am to practice. So when I went to bed I set my alarm so I could wake up around 6:30am. It was really rough getting up and I was surprised to see that it has begun to get light later these days. It was barely daylight out. Took my shower and wandered back up to my room to dress. I looked at my cellphone to check if there were any messages (cancelations) from Chie. Ack!!! Clearly across the front of my phone: 5:40am. Stupid me.. set my alarm an hour early on a day I was already getting up early!!! ouch. I crawled back into bed and slept for another 40 min. That's how my day started.

Besides the fact that I'm tired and its muggy hot outside, the rest of my Friday is going well. I'm teaching classes for Mr. Matsuo today, since he is absent.. and I'm teaching them alone, on my own. The two I've had so far have been really cool: laid back and interesting for all (I think). The kids have participated and I've really enjoyed being in the classroom. I totally enjoy being on my own sometimes. Of course, I have first graders next, so that will be a little more crazy, I think.

Strange new flavor combo for today: Cranberry-aloe yogurt (tried and tasted, results: better than expected!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home