Thursday, June 26, 2003

I've been sucked deep into Harry Potter Year 5 thanks to Amazon.co.jp. Last night I looked down to see I was on page number 258 (meaning I'd already read about 75 pages and figured it was way too late to get to 300. Another half hour I was there and an hour past when I'd been intending to sleep. So far very intriguing.. but I've discovered I don't remember major details from previous books. I may need to track down some Harry Potter Cliff Notes or maybe just e-mail Natalie. Or I will just keep reading and see how far I get!

TGIF here... one thing I've learned about being a teacher is that Fridays are hell. I've always looked forward to Fridays, being that they are the end of the week and a light of hope before the weekend. However, walking into a classroom with a foreign language immersion lesson on a Friday afternoon... well there are pretty good odds I will be using my top volume levels. Ahh.... I won't get into the ugliness of it, lets just say I am half way there with one of my notoriously worst classes to get through before I'm home free. I don't know quite whether to go in hoping for the best or just expect that anything is better than nothing... these kids are not only tough, but I have already been warned that their homeroom teacher was absent this morning so they're pre-rowdy. Send in the clown....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home