Wednesday, May 14, 2003

(the following entry is just copied from an e-mail to some friends, sorry, but didn't have any energy to write it all over).
So last night I had raw horse. "had" meaning "ate". not anything I've ever wanted to eat, but it is a Nagano specialty (along with grasshoppers, which I've tried and baby bees, which I never will) so I was guessing I wouldn't make it out of here without doing so. But... since I don't eat meat... I was really, really hoping I wouldn't have to. Last night was Jaclyn (my neighbor for those who don't know... crazy, eh?) and my normal night for dinner out (always the same noodle/tempura place- the only good restaurant in the village) before our caligraphy class... and the place is owned by a family with children in both of our schools (she teaches at the elementary- sorry for all the parenthesis!!) and the mother decided we needed some extra "service"... hence the raw horse and the absolute zippo ability to not eat it. It actually didn't taste too bad, but since my tummy is way out of the practice of eating red meat... it didn't feel real good. oh well.

and now I have a snotty cold- not that the two are connected, but I'm not feeling too bouncy today.

hope you're all doing better and eating yummier things (just sent my mom a list of foods that I would love to eat when I'm home.. it almost made me cry) than me. I will beat you to Friday, though!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home