Wednesday, June 18, 2003

The coolest little drum group from Ghana played a concert at our school this morning. A Japanese taiko, Japanese drumming, group played first, and they were pretty awesome, too. It reminded me that I need to get tickets for Kodo's Earth Celebration on Sado Island. Kodo is the premeire Japanese taiko group and they hold a festival weekend in August out on Sado (their home base when they aren't touring). I love taiko, and it would be seriously cool to see them play live. So I'm on it now... hopefully they haven't sold out. Anyhow, after the taiko the group from Ghana played, danced and sang. They rocked... and it was such a nice change of pace. It was refreshing to watch other people with a non-Japanese concept of body posture and self-expression. They had us all laughing and dancing. I was sad that it was only an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home