Monday, May 19, 2003

I've been pretty scattered in the last few days, so I've had nothing focused to share. Saturday I worked hard in my garden, pulling out grass (I've essentially become a lawn-mower) and planting more fun things (watermelon, canteloupe, eggplants, colored peppers, and flowers). I got sunburnt on my back, oops. I also cleaned my house in preparation to go away for awhile... unfortunately it has mysteriously gotten pretty messy already!! The one bad thing about living by myself... there's just no one else to blame for the mess! Jaclyn and I also went to watch "Chicago"- we loved it (and thought Renee Zellweger is WAY too skinny!).

Sunday I made it to church for the whopping third time this year. I also ran errands while Jaclyn was at her church. It was a beautiful morning and I spent quality time in the park around Matsumoto Castle reading my book (just finished The Cider House Rules). In the afternoon, I was pretty much lazy all day which felt nice. Meant to pack, but we all know that was destined to wait for tonight (i.e. the-last-possible-minute).

Yesterday it was nice in the morning so Jaclyn and I decided we ought to bike to school and back, I've really missed doing that (when its nice). Of course, when it gets nasty out (like it did before we got home...) it can be a bit of a chore. After school we (more like I but then J got dragged in...) decided I was freaked out enough about earthquakes to prepare an emergency kit. Having never done so (or really lived in an earthquake zone before), we just went to the grocery store and stocked up on the things we figured we would "most want" if the world was going to end (yes, we were being pretty silly about the whole thing). So, my "kit" so far consists of two grocery bags of water, Kit-Kats, mixed nuts, some band-aids, and instant ramen sitting inside my doorstep. Here's a strategic question for you all: I live in a two story house and sleep on the second floor: where do I put said kit? I'm starting to think my best bet is out in the shed. I've also moved my cell phone charger into my bedroom so I can grab it in case things get freaky (at our fire drill the firefighter who spoke to us emphasized how wonderful cell phones are in a disaster... they can help rescuers locate you and double as a flashlight until the battery dies). Supposedly The Big One is coming to this area soon (depending on who you ask), so I want to be able to sleep at night knowing I'm "prepared".

After that, Jaclyn and I watched the last three hours of this season's Alias. I never watched the show at home, but Jaclyn's parents have been faithfully sending it over and I am SO hooked!! Perhaps those of you who also watch can understand how shocked I was after we finished the season finale (poor Will! poor Sidney!! Vaughn!!!!!). So shocked in fact, that I completely wiped out and fell down Jaclyn's stairs trying to rehash it all and leave at the same time. OUCH OUCH OUCH. Our stairs are literally dangerous but I've made it this far up-right. Thank God. My butt hurts SO badly today that I can barely sit. Actually, it hurts to stand. It hurt to put pants on. I have such a bright purple butt that I really am tempted to either a) take a picture so I can show off without mooning people b) start mooning people. Of course, mooning people would just plain hurt too much. Maybe I'll use my cell phone and take a nice blurry picture so no one can proove its really me. Yep, this just in time for a three hour train ride tomorrow and a what, 14 hour plane ride the next day! So that's my prep. for my trip- a sunburnt back and a bright purple butt. This will be so fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home