Monday, April 07, 2003

Anti-consumerism aside, sometimes a new purchase, no matter how small, can be really sweet. On Sunday after dinner, I bought some new pillowcases for my bed. The old ones match the duvet cover but were too small for my extra large pillows. The pillows always looked like they were about to explode. The new pillowcases are from the same store that sold the pillows and they are huge! They are fresh and new and because they fit, the pillows have relaxed. The newness of the sheets feels wonderful and having something a little bit different makes my whole bedroom feel ready for spring.

It has also helped to be able to open the windows! I'm not leaving them open during the day when I'm gone (especially because its pouring today), but I hung sheets out to dry on my balcony before going to bed and it was so strange to be outside that late in my pjs. The sheets were dry by this morning! I'm still cheering on my tulips and daffodills, but I think it is only a matter of time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home