Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Mom & Dad are on the train to Tokyo and I'm back at school. blah. I feel a bit abandoned and a bit liberated at the same time. Overshadowing that is my intense stress about starting the new school year with a bunch of new teachers. It's as stressful as starting a new job... when I walked in this morning someone had to show me where my desk is because they moved over break. The new head English teacher, Mr. Matsuo seems really pleasant if a bit strict. The other two new teachers are fresh out of university, Ms. Takahashi and Mr. Sato... they both look like they will be fun to work with. We're going to have lunch together in the department office and hopefully I'll get a better feel for how things are going to go.

Mom & Dad are having lunch with Tom this afternoon and he'll hopefully get them on the right train out to the airport.. then they don't actually get home until Saturday morning. I will be glad to have my bed back. ;) It was a fabulous two weeks off and I really was sad to dump them off at the station this morning. Jaclyn & I are looking forward to returning to routine tonight with trips to the grocery store and the pool.

Happy Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home