Friday, April 04, 2003

It looks like I have gotten my wish, as far as my teaching position goes. Last year, we worked on a two week cycle: within that two weeks, I had each class of 40 kids one time. During "week A" I had 9 classes total and during "week B" I had 10 classes. Since I plan my own classes, I could almost feel like I had enough to do... but not really. In the last couple of weeks the other English teachers (but not the head teacher) have mentioned in passing that my course load would increase. I tried not to get too excited in case they meant just by a class or two... and really, that's all I thought I would have. BUT... I saw the new schedule today and I have 19 classes both weeks!! I have the same class load as the "real" teachers!! This is incredibly great news, particularly since I've also been given hints to let the other English teachers plan my classes a little more (up until now, I have had 100% of the planning responsibility). Now, we will pretty much be forced to figure out team teaching or we'll all sink. Or I will be at school until 8pm every night... but I refuse to be negative about it. I am really, really excited and hopefull that for the first time I will feel like I have a real job.

I hope I don't regret jumping into the real world head first!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home