Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I'm still really stuffed up, but I'm happily back at work (doing my bit to spread the germs on to the next generation of victims)! I don't think I've ever been so glad to get back to it, honestly. ;) Please folks, take care of yourselves!!

Also excited to say that I've got my next trip lined up. It will be a short one, but I have March 29-31st off of work because they are the 5th days in the month (i.e. there are 5 Tuesdays, 5 Wednesdays, and 5 Thursdays in March) and our school only schedules for four weeks each month. So- I'm heading down to Osaka to visit friends- Machiko (the one who got married last fall) and Akko (who was my neighbor here in Tokyo until this month) and then to do some sightseeing in Kyoto. It will obviously be a short trip, two nights and a day in Osaka, two days and a night in Kyoto, but I'm looking forward to hanging out and to being a little touristy. Kyoto in spring is always a treat.

Still no word on whether we will head to Vancouver for Golden Week, we're holding our breaths to find out the fare but no news.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. Since I insulted your pudding recipe (which I shall try the day I realize I actually have a use for corn starch, other than for that recipe), I will offer a recipe for you and your loved ones. And yes, it's Saturday night, and this is what I'm doing.
:)
Actually, I'm still getting over my cold. My nose is all red and painful.

Okay. This is called Chocolate Toffee, but it is more like peanut brittle (without the peanuts or peanut flavoring)covered with chocolate. It's extremely rich, but quite tasty in small amounts. Why small amounts? Because you'll either get sick of it, or literally get sick and puke. Although I usually end up eating the whole mess in a few days. I think it's a favorite among men and boys. The ingredients are quite simple, but it does require an oven, so for those of you in some random foreign country...good luck to ya.

1 sleeve saltine crackers.
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheet (one of those rectangular ones) with foil. Arrange saltines evenly on foil in pan.

Melt butter and sugar together in a saucepan. Pour butter and
sugar mixture evenly over saltines. Heat in oven for 8-10 mins. until brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and distribute chips evenly over saltines. Wait a minute until they start to melt, then spread the chocolate evenly across saltines. Refrigerate.

3/12/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger jaclyn said...

Benj- you made that up yourself, didn't ya? ;) I can totally imagine you making it. Unfortunately, I do NOT have an oven, so I guess I'm SOL. Thanks for the contribution though!

3/14/2005 1:52 AM  
Blogger jaclyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/14/2005 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home