Saturday, July 23, 2005

My lazy couch potato Saturday got quite the jolt (CNN.com - Strong quake jolts Tokyo, injuries reported - Jul 23, 2005). Everything is fine, and I am happy that I was over at Tom's house instead of here in my building (which likes to do impressions of a building constructed of jell-o). It was the biggest earthquake I've experienced, if I don't count the other one last fall that ranked a 5 but happened while I was on the train (in motion, and therefore didn't feel it). I was at Tom's by myself and am embarassed to say it got a nice shriek out of me as I jumped for a wall to stand near. Scary stuff. The trains were down all afternoon and upon returning to my place, I've found my picture frames fell down. Such is the exciting Tokyo life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home