Monday, May 23, 2005


Random, I know... but this is a "goya" (at least that's what they call it here. From the outside it looks like a cucumber with a serious acne problem. In the inside it has soft white stuff the consistency of squash and seeds like those in a pumpkin. The taste is nothing like a cuke- very, very bitter... it just tastes GREEN. Why do I share? Well, partly because it was the feature veggie in the best veggie omelet (aforementioned goya, cherry tomatoes, onion, egg, and a slice of cheese on top) I've created (just this evening), and partly because I have nothing else that I'm dying to share. ;) Anyone seen this thing in America? Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I have seen it. I saw it in a Japanese market outside of Chicago called Mitsuwa, which I have visited every couple of weeks for the past two months or so. I met a guy there name Teru, who is working in the ramen restaurant. I go there with my friend Paul, who likes to look at the Japanese ladies. I like to eat the takoyaki. And I just wanted to let you know that they sell goya there.

Lots of love,

Benjamin Christian Dipman

5/23/2005 7:21 PM  
Blogger jaclyn said...

And have you tried it? thanks for the story. Say hi to Teru and Paul for me. ;)

5/24/2005 3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I don't like bumpy vegetables. Hey, do you know what Mitsuwa means?

5/24/2005 6:43 PM  
Blogger jaclyn said...

Well, I would need to see the kanji.... Mitsu can be "three" and "wa" can be "peace"... but who knows if that's ballpark. only thing that comes to mind.

5/26/2005 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home