Sunday, September 25, 2005

Life is good. I was just thinking that on my way home. Walking down my well-worn, well-loved dirt path alongside MY river (the one with the cherry blossoms last April), in my favorite almost worn-through butterfly flip-flops, with my huge pack on my back I almost sung aloud and I most certainly smiled at No one in Particular. My calves ache from a three day hike to the top of the fifth highest mountain in Japan* and I'm due back at school tomorrow morning with my genki-high energy self in top form, but those two things don't seem too terribly out of sync-a-bility. I'm thankful for the fact that I won't be in front of a computer screen and inside a cubicle. I'm thankful I spent the weekend with the guy who loves me under the open skies with elderly Japanese people and random German tourists, that though we didn't hike the path we planned, we surivived and enjoyed the path we took, and that it has cooled off here in Tokyo where you can see the stars for the first time in many, many moons.
(*more on that with pictures... after a sleep or two).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home